Thursday, September 3

A Plateau

 I started writing the OUTSKIRTS graphic novel almost as soon as I wrote a certain panel in the anthology series. That was 2018. It was a vague suggestion that I thought would only be caught by a subgroup of a subgroup of readers. But I thought it had potential as a larger story.

So I started the GN. The thumbnails began in November, and the page pencils began Dec. 24. In late August I finished the first round of pencils and inks.


That's roughly two inches of art boards, and I know there will be more.

I'll scan and letter atop them and see how the story works. Writing is rewriting. I have the advantage of lettering my own script so I can revise on the fly.

Here's the GN's first panel:


And here's the last:


A lot happens in between. Almost a whole century.

As a bonus, here's my Eddie Campbell From Hell homage panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment