Monday, November 18

NaNoWriMo Day 18

I passed 40,000 words yesterday, and I'm probably two-thirds of the way through the story. I think I need to alter the setting of the second half of the book from a small office building to a very tall one to make the big horrible chaos even bigger and more horrible and potentially more chaotic. I know I'll be tweaking and editing and changing after all the words are set down, and hopefully changing the building layout will be the biggest alteration.

It's clear this will go on longer than 50,000 words, which is the goal of the exercise -- could I hit that mark and stick with the effort for a month? Looks like that's a yes. Question is how much do I mold this story after the end of the month.

Making comics has helped me approach this with thumbnails and storyboards. The last section of the book will be a horrific climax in an office building, and that will require some choreography to move between floors and determine who dies and how (hint: very very badly).

No comments:

Post a Comment